Tuesday, April 29, 2014

מוזיקה

My teacher has decided that we can start writing about things in Israeli culture. I absolutely love this because I listen to a good amount of Israeli songs. One of the songs I like to listen to is מדברים על שלום by  מוקי. Its title literally translates to Talking About Peace. Basically the song talks about how we are stuck in the world and it isn't going to get better without justice. The chorus says "Everyone talks about peace, but no one talks about justice. To one it's paradise, and to other, hell. How many fingers are on the trigger?"  I think it is a very valid opinion about the so called "Peace Talks". I do not think they can actually work until people can put aside their egos and go strictly by justice and not what is everything they want. If people want to actually have peace they need to stop hating the other side. People cannot just say they want peace; they have to mean it and actually give things up for it. That's why I do not believe the Peace talks will help anything. They might work for a little while, but they won't last because both parties won't give up their egos. For example if the Palestinians won't recognize Israel as the Jewish state or having the right to be here, Peace Talks will ultimately fail. I am not saying that I am not a victim to my own accusations though. I believe that Israel should stay Israel and the Palestinians are just Arabs. Palestine was never a country, just a British Territory. Palestinians should also not have the Right of return. Refugees do not usually go back to their home after a war, so why are the "Palestinians" so special? Also their children shouldn't get refugee status. Other refugees' children do not get refugee status and again why are they so special that they get special privileges.  That is how I fall victim to my own previous statement. However,  I do love that song and I believe that it is very true. The last verse of the song is, "Everyone has the same dream, on a mountain, in a valley. We continue to talk and speak about peace, but peace is impossible without justice". I completely agree with that statement. Hopefully one day there will be justice so we can have peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment